With the entrance of product customization, the gap of how customers want their product exactly to be, and what available choices they get have reduced. One of our US-based clients wanted to give a personalized experience to shoppers and let them complete the design process for which she wanted an E-commerce website. With numerous platforms available in the market for the development of an E-commerce website Hexaview was required to study the following platforms- WooCommerce, Magento, OpenCart, Shopify, Prestashop, and Bigcommerce and choose the best platform which suits the MVPs in the best way.
- To find the best platform given; MVP features, Flexibility, Security, Customer Support, Performance, Ease of use in terms of Admin Panel, Marketplace features, Payment Gateway, Scalability.
- Unforeseen events like issues of incompatibility in plugins.
Hexaview performed trials for all the platforms: WooCommerce, Magento, OpenCart, Shopify, Prestashop, and Bigcommerce and ensured the ways to meet all the MVP features, if not In-built then suggested plugins. Plugins were suggested on the basis of reviews and the number of reviews and on the basis of demos.
For the Product Configurator feature, we contacted their support team, did a demo with them, and created a summary excel. Final Assessment was done among Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento, and Bigcommerce through PUGH Matrix. Hexaview recommended WooCommerce seeing the need for flexibility and customization required for the E-commerce Store.
Impact of the Implementation
The Client’s effectiveness and efficiency have increased multifold, without compromising with the quality
Key Success Factors
- Our Php expert worked on the open-source platforms and created a dummy website on all the platforms.
- Understanding the process of Product Configurator and finding the best suitable plugin through demos.
- The constant flow of communication with the client and worked with complete flexibility.