Business Automation using Microsoft Power Platforms
Binding seamless Technology with Finance
General Published on: Wed May 31 2023
Create dynamic forms to specify the layout of a record detail page's fields and sections (you're currently doing this in the page layout). This is dynamic because the parts and fields can be shown or hidden based on certain filter criteria, which is currently not possible with page layouts. As a result, it allows consultants and administrators more exact control.
· Adaptive Layouts: To show and hide fields and sections, utilize visibility rules.
· Simpler layout management: Use the Lightning App Builder to edit the fields and sections on your pages without using the page layout editor.
· Utilize Fewer Page Designs: You can utilize fewer page layouts by using component visibility rules.
· Lightning page assignment model for single assignment: For the Lightning page, employ a single assignment model rather than simultaneously assigning a Lightning page and a page layout.
· An improvement over page layouts is that you can position fields and sections wherever you choose (even on different tabs).
1. Navigate to the Record Page in Setup and select "Record Page Setting" in the quick find box.
2. Select any Record Page View and then press the Save button in the Dynamic Form section.
3. A new Record Page can be established for each custom object that has to be migrated to an existing Lightning Page.
4. Use the term "Attribute Set" to represent a Custom object.
5. After clicking the gear icon on the Attribute Set (Custom Object) record page, use the "Edit Page" button.
6. You will now see new functionality in Lightning App Builder. There are two new standard Lightning components called "Field Section" and "Field Components" under the Fields tab of the component palette. You can add a "Section" field to the page and select which fields go there.
7. Drag fields and sections, and then click "Upgrade Now" from the Record Details settings to launch the Dynamic Forms migration procedure.
8. After that, the Dynamic Forms migration wizard starts. Now press the "Next" button.
9. On the next screen, you may select a page layout as the dynamic forms' source. Click "Finish" to wrap up the Dynamic Forms Migration Wizard.
10. With Dynamic Forms properly migrated, "Record Detail - Mobile" components have been added to pages, allowing the new field section and the field's components to be displayed on desktops and mobile devices.
11. After that, you can move the "Field Section" to the information section. Furthermore, we have the option to change the label to "System Information" and choose between one and two-column layouts.
12. We can change the user interface's behavior by designating any field in a policy object as "read-only" or "mandatory".
13. Depending on the situation, we might additionally include advanced filters and field filters.
2. After that, by selecting "Save" and "Activate," the Page layout for the custom object will be activated.
1. Dynamic Forms are not supported on record pages that feature customized page layouts or pinned regions.
2. The Macro Builder does not support field components from Dynamic Forms. The field components don't show up when the Macro Builder opens a record page with Dynamic Forms enabled.
3. The Field Section component and the Field components are not supported by mobile devices. A new "Record Detail - Mobile" component will be added automatically to any migrated pages, but if you're building a page from the start, you must remember to include this.
1. A page error occurs when a lookup field appears multiple times on a Dynamic Forms-based page and looks up an object that the UI API does not support.
2. If you choose New from a non-UI, API-supported object holding a Forms-enabled object, such as a related list, the parent lookup field does not show up in the new dialogue. One can still preserve the new record.
3. The horizontal field alignment of Field Section components in a two-column layout is wrong.
4. Rather than using the data from the Dynamic Forms-based page, the fields from the record's default page are used to build a printable view of the record.
Salesforce dynamic forms upgrade the user experience while boosting productivity inside the company. Furthermore, customizing these forms doesn't call for difficult coding or programming.
As Salesforce is one of the most popular CRM that is used across multiple industries. So, businesses are utilizing the features & benefits of Salesforce by migrating to Salesforce from legacy CRM or different CRMs like Microsoft Dynamics to Salesforce Migration. Also, integration with multiple platforms is one of the key benefits of Salesforce, for example, NetSuite Salesforce integration.
So, you should always opt for a reputable Salesforce development company like Hexaview Technologies while looking out for Salesforce development services. Hexaview Technologies is a leading Salesforce consulting services provider having great expertise in delivering end-to-end Salesforce development services to clients across the globe. Reach out to us, if you are searching for a reliable partner to fulfill your Salesforce development needs.
Get 30 Mins Free